All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am

Post subject: Battle Companies March in London
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi,

I just had a thought about having a BC tournament or a gaming day in London (Bromley, Titan or East Grinstead?) at some point in March. What's the interest like in case it was to go ahead? All you need is about 15 models, so I'm sure we can get more people involved than a standard tournament.

I haven't told Titan or Gravesend about the idea yet, this thread is created for the purpose of finding out what we can do and who's interested.

Posted the same thread on TLA and started a discussion on here too, so feel free to crosspost: http://www.facebook.com/groups/472128942815892/?fref=ts

One of the many BC rules found on the internet: http://battlecompanies.wordpress.com/

BlackMist

Last edited by BlackMist on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Battle Companies March in London
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I know i have a track record of saying i'll go to stuff then not going, but this seems alot easier to get to (and probably cheaper). That said, i don;t suppose we could just play 300pt games instead of warbands? I could probably get a handful of friends to come along if that were the case.
 Post subject: Re: Battle Companies March in London
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

In 300 or 250pts you'll end up with 40-50 model morias and BC rules don't allow you to have more than 15. You could think that you'll need a lot of replacement models for upgrades but especially now with axe rules everything will be dying incredibly quickly in BC so I would expect battles with just 5v5 which could be interesting if there are nice objectives. That plus bc rules are not hard and I'm willing to referee and be the asking point if a turnout is good.