All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Post subject: Decorative glass
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:57 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This is another random terrain idea with no set project in mind.

During the holiday season my wife likes to fill bowls with colored glass/marbles and put candles in them. Putting them away my mind started to think what else could be done with them. A trip to the craft store and in the floral department I found a jar of broken glass that had glitter in them. A quick spray of black paint (will need to do more when the weather is nicer to cover the glitter better) and I tried it out. The glass from the store has gone through a tumbler or something before they sell it so the edges aren't sharp but you still need to be careful when handling.

Could maybe seeing it being used in the future for a board or diorama with the nine riding out or just a patch of evil looking ground. Painted white with blue could be a broken ice field or maybe used as the rock bed in a river. The pieces are generally too big for bases but might work on the larger monster size bases.

For me, the glass has been put back into the jar until I think more on how to use it.

Last edited by Mapper on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Broken glass
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This looks neat! It would be great for making patches of difficult terrain. Make a bunch of ruble, attach it to a stand and you are ready to go.
 Post subject: Re: Decorative glass
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Always felt the subject line of broken glass was incorrect, it is more decorative glass (sometimes called crushed or reflective) that I found in the floral section of a craft store. It works well for broken stones/walls as it has flat sides and paints up well.

Something I have been working on:

Post subject: Re: Decorative glass
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That looks really great. I'm trying to fill my board with rubble right now and appreciate Mapper's pic. I might have to get some the next time I'm in town. Thanks, folks.