All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

Post subject: GW Osgiliath Ruins Colours
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Os ... -Box-3-Set

I was looking at these and at the recommended colours - but I'm a bit skeptical of them.

It suggests a "Dark Eldar Flesh Paint Bundle" which doesn't quite match what the official scheme looks like. The White Paint and Grey-Brown bundles don't seem to match, either.

I want to paint some of my stone bases in this kind of bright style and when I search online I only seem to find very dark or sandstone schemes from a black undercoat which I think is a lot darker than what I am trying for.

Any suggestions? :-X
 Post subject: Re: GW Osgiliath Ruins Colours
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

When I want a brighter figure or terrain, I tend to prime in white and then use washes to fill in the cracks or distinction vs using a black primer for that effect. For my Osgiliath, I used Deneb stone (old color, GW says Rakarth Flesh is the new one) and then drybrushed grey and white over that.

You could also look at http://scottswargaming.blogspot.com/201 ... liath.html for an idea.

Post subject: Re: GW Osgiliath Ruins Colours
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I Primed Corax white, then applied Army Painter Strong Tone to the whole thing. I then followed up with an anti-shine varnish.

It turned out ok and could be played with now. The finish isn't exactly white, but close to it. It has the look of a ruin that has been collecting dust for centuries. I'm not done yet, but still thinking through the next step. I would like to weather them a bit more, add some creeping vines, mount them on bases with rubble, etc. I’m still thinking through exactly how I want to weather them. I also need a rubble that will match the size of the blocks in the walls.