All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 pm

Post subject: Minas Tirith
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:29 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

So this always was a favourite scene of mine. I had wish to establish a terrain for this, and wish to make a scaled model of Minas Tirith for the game. I had planned on doing only walls so that buildings could be arranged, but realised I have no where near the correct number of units... Plus no matter what I made it out of, it would be costly(calculated dimensions were huge!). So I decided I just want a main gate area, with walls going to the sides as well. I am thinking 5 feet of walling. This would be for a 5x3 foot table, allowing 1.5 feet in depth for the first layer, along with 1.5 feet in depth for the Pellenor fields. I think I would play with units continuing to rush to the wall, as an endless supply for each side. Evil must merely get in, and secure the gateway and courtyard. Points match for all avaiable units at a given time. Now, city terrain should not be too hard, but I amleft with the question of the walls. The gates. The towers. How should I do them cheaply, yet maintain quality? Thanks in advance. :sauron:

Post subject: Re: Minas Tirith
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:31 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thinking Hirst Arts Blocks molds 40, 200, 60, and 245. Using the molds to create pieces could take a while, but could be a good way to go about it... Any adhesive ideas?

Post subject: Re: Minas Tirith
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Good luck on an ambitious project. The molds you selected are good molds to use, I use tacky glue to glue my bricks together - it works well on plaster of paris which is what I use. Of course I also just use elmers white glue depending what I have handy, :-)

Do a search on Minas Tirith in the terrain section to get an idea of what others have tried. This is one of the results: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20286