All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm

Post subject: Bane weapons affect a Duel?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:58 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I've got another question...

The War of the Ring rulebook says that special abilities on an Epic Hero don't transfer to a unit while a unit's abilities do transfer to a Hero that joins the unit.

During a Duel, a Hero's Resilience is taken into account; does that mean that he would also benefit from his Bane ability against his target (if it matches) even though the rest of the unit does not have that Bane? Other than 'fluff' or 'completeness' of a character's background, that's the only time during a battle that I can think of where some of the Epic Heroes abilities could even possibly come into play. I was unable to find anything in the book that spells it out, perhaps I missed the page...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:00 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I don't believe that the Bane rule would have any effect on a Duel. All of the damage done to the enemy Hero and formation are automatic hits, so no roll is necessary.

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Oh yeah, that's right, you don't roll the standard-style of attacks in a duel. My buddy and I just had our first couple of duels in our last game; pretty new to that whole game mechanic. We didn't accomplish much, Gimli decided he would rather try to impress both the Orc captain and the Ringwraith with his axe-swinging dance instead of actually try to cleave them in two.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Also I think there's something at the very end of the description for Heroic Duel that mentions you don't use the weapons the formation is carrying because duels are just instinctual brawls or something like that. I lent my book to my brother in law so I really couldn't tell you which page that is :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Luvdiscgolf wrote:
Oh yeah, that's right, you don't roll the standard-style of attacks in a duel. My buddy and I just had our first couple of duels in our last game; pretty new to that whole game mechanic. We didn't accomplish much, Gimli decided he would rather try to impress both the Orc captain and the Ringwraith with his axe-swinging dance instead of actually try to cleave them in two.

Yeah, lucky for my captain and Ringwraith. :D

Was very fun trying out the duel and the overall game was a blast. 8)