All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: WOTR houserules
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:07 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Decreasing the power of the high wizards is a lot of work though? I can never decide if the 100 (or 75pt) Shaman etc should even exist. Seemed to make magic too common for Tolkien but maybe these are just a mechanic to give extra abilities to units?if they do exist, then I think it’s a question of value. Even at 75pts they are work 3-4 companies of ok troops.

Similar comment re: your full command option, I like the ability but how much should it cost.

I’ve personally found that with WOTR the Epics are just so useful for the way Epic heroes can move about alone. This means then that the rest of the list then gets looked at through the lens of how to provide the most resources to lie around and be used by those Epics. Ie pure points efficiency and points on hero upgrades that are ‘stuck’ in a single unit are hard to justify.

I think you are on to something linking command upgrades together though. I found that even with recosting I took 1-2 captains (almost purely for the might / (heroic action) and other upgrades only to spend remaining points. So my recostings clearly don’t work completely.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Xelee wrote:
Decreasing the power of the high wizards is a lot of work though? I can never decide if the 100 (or 75pt) Shaman etc should even exist. Seemed to make magic too common for Tolkien but maybe these are just a mechanic to give extra abilities to units?if they do exist, then I think it’s a question of value. Even at 75pts they are work 3-4 companies of ok troops.

Don't think I understand.
I think the problem could be the facility to do focalization

Quote:
Similar comment re: your full command option, I like the ability but how much should it cost.

I’ve personally found that with WOTR the Epics are just so useful for the way Epic heroes can move about alone. This means then that the rest of the list then gets looked at through the lens of how to provide the most resources to lie around and be used by those Epics. Ie pure points efficiency and points on hero upgrades that are ‘stuck’ in a single unit are hard to justify.

I think you are on to something linking command upgrades together though. I found that even with recosting I took 1-2 captains (almost purely for the might / (heroic action) and other upgrades only to spend remaining points. So my recostings clearly don’t work completely.

What do you think of full CSM (Captain, Standardbearer and musician) which generates
A) +1 power point for the captain at the start of the game
B) Like A but regenerate this point at the start of the tun on 6+
C) Like A but regenerate this point at the start of the tun on 5+
D) Like A but regenerate this point at the start of the tun on 4+
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Quote:

this could be interesting.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Abersk_93 wrote:
Quote:

this could be interesting.

I will test to Christmas but I think 6+ will more anecdoticale
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9