All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:18 pm

Post subject: HOW TO DEFEAT KHAMUL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

wHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH KHAMUL ON FELLBEAST? WHT HEROES OR FORMTIONS ARE GOOD AGAINST HIM OR DEFEATING HIM?

Post subject: Re: HOW TO DEFEAT KHAMUL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:41 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

On a Fell Beast? Shoot him. Preferably from more than 12" away but by himself he can't take many hits.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Kamul on fellbest?!?!

Why would someone in WotR would take Kamul on feel beast here's far better on Foot, anyway here is a couple of tricks I have used to take out various Fell beasts.

Best way as posted above is Shoot him dead, that said good players will prevent this. Another way is to bait him then duel him out in combat if he gets epic strike up before you can duel him just try again next turn.
Wraiths only have one point of might on them and it's risky to use it on anything else other than that Epic Strike.

If you have got access to spells, a good Natures Wrath can do the job so long as you have about 7 or more dice when rolling to hit as might and what not can seal the deal. Another Spell that can be brutal for wraiths is Light of the Valour with D3 hits + might this can also do the trick.
I'd back the above 2 spells more than any other as they have a 24" range which generally means if you can see you can cast.

Any of the damaging Spells of Ruin are also quite effective, and also Black Dart if you can get close enough.
Epic Shot is another good one but like with ruin and black dart limited on range.

The other option is charge the beast with a formation that's at least 4 companies strong and has either Strength 4 or Two-handed weapons, if you can get both even better.

Lastly (probably my favorite) is Eagles they have the strength to hit and the speed to catch them and they strike at the same time, however you do need 2 to pull it of effectively as one takes kamuls magic and the other charges into combat. Also be warned it is generally a trade with eagles my 140 point eagle for your 250 point Fell beast.

Remember as well like with anything in this game dice can turn against you and work for you.

Active member of...
Nunawading Wargames Association
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

If he's on a Felbeast he doesn't get Epic Strike as it's not listed as an Epic Action for the Winged Nazgul entry. However, he uses the profile for the model so has a higher defence than normal and is Hard to Kill!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

BLACK DART !!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PSeEuu6pW4