All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:18 am

Post subject: The Red Fortress Ministry of Truth returns
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:59 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It’s been a while. But when Arnulf (famed war-correspondent from the Red Fortress Ministry off Truth) got in touch about hosting a Batrep, I quickly agreed. He’d brought along a pair of Nazgul, who kept wandering about picking up my models and looking at my TV while hissing to each other “nice stuff, shame if it were to get broken...” Cameras weren’t invented in the Third Age, so I had to get Andy over to stage a re-enactment using miniatures. He had 1200 points of Gondor led by the brothers Faramir and Boromir. Boromir has brought along the Veterans of Osgiliath while Faramir had some Rangers. The hard core of the army was a pair of Warrior, and a pair of Knight formations with a unit of Axemen of Lossarnach to give them a bit of punch. I had the Tainted and Dwimmlerlaik leading three formations of Carn Dum warriors and a formation of ghostly legion. We also had muscle on hand in the form of an armoured (Isengard) Troll. Fire support was a formation of Orc Archers and a pair of siege bows. The scenario was Field of Swords and Houserules were in effect. Wait, that Wraith is actually starting to drop things...I’ll let Arnulf take it from here:
http://roughwotr.blogspot.co.nz/2017/12/backup-war-of-ring-batrep-red-fortress.html