All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Much needed, thanks Arabog.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Excellent news, Arabog! Have one on me!

**flips a coin to Arabog**

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Good news indeed! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

As I did several games in Warhammer World last week, I finally got to learn the WotR game. However the staff didn't had all the answers to our questions, especially since they weren't that familiar with the game. Browsing through these posts I didn't find any answers.

One thing you guys were discussing was the +1 for the Glaives etc. For example, the Galadhrim Regiment has glaives, and that will take their F to 6. This is indeed true, as seen on page 56 of the rulebook. Another statement that these bonusses aren't included is in the FAQ;

Quote:
Q. Does Glorfindel’s glaive give him +1 fight in a Heroic
Duel?
A. No – wargear never has an influence on a Heroic Duel.

So Glorfindel has F of 8 basically, except when not in a Duel. This will also make heroes like Celeborn a little more powerful, as it doesn't say anywhere he has a glaive, thus when he joins a Galadhrim Regiment he gets their gear, thus making his whole formation F8.

Sorry if you already got this, but I didn't felt to read the whole thread (as I said, just browsed through).

We did came up with several other questions.

One is, could any hero still do Epic Strike when challenged in an Heroic Duel?
Another one we came up with is, can an Epic Hero call several Epic Actions in the same phase? So, could an hero call Epic Strike and Epic Rage for example? (making it way more easier for Eomer's company to kill monsters, or atleast seriously wound them).

And another clarification is needed from the more veteran players. The bonuses apply for each company in the formation, or the whole formation? This is especially confusing with the rear/flank charges you get after you charged. Let me explain.

Example:
Celeborn with 2 Companies Galadhrim charge orks. 2 Companies are in base contact.
Both companies have 8A normal. Both get +1A for charging. Both companies have F8, thus both get +5A. So 14+14=28 Attacks. If the enemy charges both flanks, you will thus get -6A in total? Or if 1 company Wargriders charge both Galadhrim companies in the back, will they then receive a total of -10A?
 Post subject: Re: WotR errors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Quote:
One is, could any hero still do Epic Strike when challenged in an Heroic Duel?

Yes, Epic strike can be called before the hero fights and the FAQ has confirmed that the duel counts as a fight.

Quote:
Another one we came up with is, can an Epic Hero call several Epic Actions in the same phase? So, could an hero call Epic Strike and Epic Rage for example? (making it way more easier for Eomer's company to kill monsters, or atleast seriously wound them).

There is nothing in the rules restricting then to just the one, and everyone I have seen plays it that you can call more than one.

Quote:
And another clarification is needed from the more veteran players. The bonuses apply for each company in the formation, or the whole formation? This is especially confusing with the rear/flank charges you get after you charged. Let me explain.

Example:
Celeborn with 2 Companies Galadhrim charge orks. 2 Companies are in base contact.
Both companies have 8A normal. Both get +1A for charging. Both companies have F8, thus both get +5A. So 14+14=28 Attacks. If the enemy charges both flanks, you will thus get -6A in total? Or if 1 company Wargriders charge both Galadhrim companies in the back, will they then receive a total of -10A?

The bonuses and penalties are per company and you just look at the situation each company is in - is that company contacted to the rear? Then -5 attacks for it. Is it contacted to the side (flank)? Then -3 attacks for it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:33 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Found one.
Quote:
pg.56
Some incredibly skilled fighters are proficient in the use of two handed weapons at the same time - the Watchers of Karna are a good example of this. Such warriors can unleash a flurry of blows, although to do so means that they forgo the protection of a shield.

Quote:
pg.195
Weargear
Each company has hand weapons and armour. The entire formation may be given bows at +5 points per company.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:41 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

That isn't a mistake, it says that Watchers have two hand weapons (ie they carry a weapon in each hand) not 2-handed wepons.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:44 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yep, it says two hand weapons, not two-handed. I have always found that a highly confusing thing with LotR stuff - why not call them great weapons or something? Prevents confusions and also allows spears, pikes, etc to be categorised correctly - they're used two-handed after all, lol.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Perhaps they should say " heavy weapons" instead of two handed. Men at arms have two handed weapons and they dont get a +1 to wound, gosh +1 to wound pikmen would be nwbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:37 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

IM A ENT!!! wrote:
Perhaps they should say " heavy weapons" instead of two handed. Men at arms have two handed weapons and they dont get a +1 to wound, gosh +1 to wound pikmen would be nwbie

hashut's Blessing idea of calling them Great Weapons is better than calling them 'Heavy Weapons'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Pikes are VERY heavy weapons. Great Weapons would make sense.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'M AN ENT!: Actually, they have pikes, not two handed weapons. The weapons happen to be used in two hands and one foot, but that doesn't mean they are two handed weapons ;)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hashut's Blessing wrote:
I'M AN ENT!: Actually, they have pikes, not two handed weapons. The weapons happen to be used in two hands and one foot, but that doesn't mean they are two handed weapons ;)

Well the men at arms certainatley cant hold the pikes in one hand, so in my mind they are two handed weapons becasue you cant wield them( or more likey thrust them into the enemy without two hands).

realy gw should not have called the weapons that give +1 to wound "two handed weapons" . I think heavy weapons would have made sense. Since heavy implies that they are harder to wield (eg the -1 to the fight value) but harder hitting (eg the +1 to wound)

calling them great weapons would have been good to . still doesnt matter to much, perhaps there will be a new edition, otherwise where stuck with FAQ's and Errattas

they might bring out a new edition with the release of the rumored WOTR starter pack, wounder what would be in that?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

IM A ENT!!! wrote:
Well the men at arms certainatley cant hold the pikes in one hand, so in my mind they are two handed weapons becasue you cant wield them( or more likey thrust them into the enemy without two hands).

realy gw should not have called the weapons that give +1 to wound "two handed weapons" . I think heavy weapons would have made sense. Since heavy implies that they are harder to wield (eg the -1 to the fight value) but harder hitting (eg the +1 to wound)

Heavy weapons doesn't work because as Drauglin said Pikes are heavy weapons also it may cause confusion as the only other 'heavy weapons' mentioned in GW is the heavy weapons used in WH40K which act completely different. Now the term great weapon works because most two-handed weapons are along the lines of Greatswords and Greataxes, etc as well as the term would translate over fairly well to WHFB players as a great weapon refers to any weapon you wield with two hands that allows you to strike harder. Personally, two-handed weapons made sense for me. Pikes can be used with a shield (you can use a shield to balance the pike, Greeks did it for years and so do the Easterlings!) while two-handed weapons can't be used alongside a shield.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I think that's why they listed 2 handed weapons as different from spears (someone mentioned spears are often held with 2 hands), but about half the models that use spears also have shields. I'm also fine with the terminology, but great weapons also makes sense.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I guess so.

EG. the kazard gaurd entry could say somthing like.

"All kazard guard have great axes" and then the clansmen of lamedon they could say "All clansmen have great swords" thats sounds kool.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:53 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

IM A ENT!!! wrote:
I guess so.

EG. the kazard gaurd entry could say somthing like.

"All kazard guard have great axes" and then the clansmen of lamedon they could say "All clansmen have great swords" thats sounds kool.

No, it would say: "All kazard guard have great weapons" and then the clansmen of lamedon they could say "All clansmen have great weapons".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:08 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I just like how saying great swords or great axes gives the unit entry more personality and detail. In stead of great weapons but wouldnt matter for the game anyways.

Opinions on a new WOTR rulebook anybody?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

New rule book in 1 year or 2 to come out with the Hobbit. Before that no major changes, hopefully they will come out with FAQ 1.2 before then but i doubt it.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:27 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. but here it is!

WOTR FAQ v1.2 :D

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440134a&categoryId=1000018&section=&pIndex=5&aId=3000006&start=6&multiPageMode=true

I guess this means the WOTR game isn't completly dead. The've updated it with the hobbit releases in sight!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next