All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 pm

Post subject: Shadow of Mordor Supplement Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

While I've found some pretty good Profiles for Talion and the Wraith, of ME: Shadow of Mordor fame, a certain omission has been irking me: there are no rules suggested for the Barad Silme, the forge towers of the game.
Therefore, I'd like to discuss any ideas for using them as an extra piece for battles containing Talion.
Thus far, I've seen no point values assigned to any sort of structure, save for siege engines and the like; however, I've a bit of an idea that goes against that:
At an extra Point Cost, when deciding Terrain Features, the player controlling Talion may choose to place the Tower--perhaps limited to being near his or her deployment zone--so that if Talion is Wounded beyond his limit, a dice roll may be made; in the event that the dice roll is passed, instead of being removed as a Casualty, he is redeployed within base contact of the Barad Silme, emulating the "resplawn points" within the video game.
I'd love to hear thoughts on this, and--seeing as I've no concrete ideas on stats, point values, and other minutia concerning the tower--if any improvements or additions come to mind, feel more than free to suggest them, as I could certainly use them. Many thanks!